One of the most important questions you will ever be asked is “What do you do?” And hopefully your answer prompts a second question, “How do you do that?”
Remember a strong introduction helps capture the attention of your prospect and convinces them they want to learn more about you and what you do. Below we have a simple script you can use for an introduction to someone new and/or to answer the question “What do you do?”
Door Opener Introduction Script:
Please allow me to introduce myself, my name is_______ and I am in the financial services business with a very unique approach that I help people find money they are currently losing unknowingly and unnecessarily.
You are probably asking yourself, well how do you do that. Let me explain, there are only two ways that anyone can be of service to you in the financial service business:
- Help you find better products than you have today that potentially pay higher returns often requiring more risk
- Help you find money you may be losing unknowingly and unnecessarily.
In a nutshell, I believe there is more opportunity to serve my clients by helping them avoid the losses than by picking the winners.
Now again, you are probably asking yourself how do I do that. Well, there are five areas where most people are losing money:
- How you pay for your house (mortgages)
- How you pay your taxes on investment accounts (taxes)
- How you fund your retirement accounts (qualified plans)
- How you pay for your children’s education costs (education expenses)
- How you pay for major capital purchases, anything you can’t fund out of your monthly cash-flow like cars, weddings, vacations (major purchases)
When I meet with clients, I typically begin by helping my clients answer these four key questions:
- Do you know what rate of return you need to earn for you to live like you live today adjusted for inflation and have your money last to life expectancy?
- Do you know how much you need to save each year to make sure you will have enough?
- Do you know how long you will have to work before you can stop and have your money last to your life expectancy?
- Do you know how much you will need to reduce your future lifestyle to keep from running out of money?
In 15 minutes, I can answer those questions for you and I will also be able to determine if what I do can be of help to you. Do you have 15 minutes to get together over coffee sometime next week?
Every word matters and has meaning
Click here to get a free trial to the Circle of Wealth so you can watch our Getting Started tutorial training, which includes a step-by-step training for delivering this script to your prospects, and you also get a 14-day test drive of the software presentation tools.